Unpleasant Weather Here

For those light hearted moments, in here please!

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

Re: Unpleasant Weather Here

Postby JDee » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:53 pm

I hope all of our Australian members and their families are safe and well during the heatwave / fires.

Jac
Both of my parents were diagnosed with PA. Mum is on 2 monthly injections and relatively OK. Dad progressed to dementia and sadly died 14/2/13. Despite my own levels being 'normal' I have some symptoms. Jac.
JDee

Postby kimks mom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Ok, Mother Nature, whatever I did to you, I am sorry. I give up. Enough snow, wind and blowing snow..can't see my neighbours and it has been like this since yesterday afternoon with no let-up in sight. Snow is up to our knees and hubby is going out every half hour to shovel snow from the back door, otherwise we would have snow up and over our door.

I know I should be used to this but it has been a few years since we have had a blizzard of this proportion. I thought our winters were getting milder..this reminds me of snow storms we had when I was a child. The wind is a cold north wind right from the Arctic Circle.

And then I see Jac's comment above.

~Pat
I am a support person for my daughter who was diagnosed with PA and Folate Anaemia in 1994, at the age of 27. Another daughter diagnosed with Hashimotos 2010 but she doesn't have PA.
kimks mom

Postby JDee » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Hope you are all Ok there Pat. There appears to be many extremes these days. Lots of snow / floods / heat and fire.

Take care everyone.

Jac
Both of my parents were diagnosed with PA. Mum is on 2 monthly injections and relatively OK. Dad progressed to dementia and sadly died 14/2/13. Despite my own levels being 'normal' I have some symptoms. Jac.
JDee

Postby kimks mom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi Andrea,

Glad no one was hurt. We have had two vehicles spin out and end up in the ditch just to the south of us..just barely can see flashing red lights. A lot of snow on the road but it is the wind that is causing the whiteouts.

I would gladly take your gale force winds, rain and hail over snow..only because you don't have to shovel rain. :lol:

This is supposed to let up overnight. I just hope we can get our back door open in the morning and that it isn't a wall of snow.

~Pat
I am a support person for my daughter who was diagnosed with PA and Folate Anaemia in 1994, at the age of 27. Another daughter diagnosed with Hashimotos 2010 but she doesn't have PA.
kimks mom

Postby anotherwithpa » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:22 am

Oh Pat it sounds miserable where you are..sure hope it will clear up a bit soon. Its allways so grey with snow..and so cold.
anotherwithpa

Postby kimks mom » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:48 pm

Another day...snow has stopped, wind has died down and the sun is shining. No power outages for which I am thankful. There are many in the North-Eastern States without power and heat. Now for the clean-up.

~Pat
kimks mom

Postby anotherwithpa » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:38 pm

The Sun will help with the clean up..its amasing what a bit of sunshine can do..would love it in a bottle to just sip and have all that happy, ready for what ever feeling sun gives, besides the lovelly deep bone reaching warmth..not long now though..for you a bit longer..
anotherwithpa

Postby skeeter » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:02 am

PA Diagnosed= Tests:
B12=332PG/ML (Range:200-1100) + Intrinsic Factor Antibody=Positive + MMA=763NMOL/L (Range:90-279)
Treatment:
Self-Inject Cyanocobalamin 1ML (1000mcg/ML) Twice a Month+Syringe=3ML X 25G X 1 Inch
Other Disorders:
Rosacea
skeeter

Postby kimks mom » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:50 am

Hi Skeeter,

I wouldn't say 10 to 14 inches of snow is small blizzard, Skeeter. We got about 36 centimetres which is close to 14 inches but keep in mind I don't live in a "snow belt" area. The wind was the problem, it kept blowing the snow around my back door causing a huge drift to build up. No, we didn't have thundersnow but we did during the last snow storm we had just before Christmas.

Yes, I remember building snow forts, made bricks of snow and piled them together. Then very carefully poured a bit of water over it to freeze..something like an igloo. I also remember spilling water on my snowsuit pant leg and the material going stiff as a board..it immediately froze..it made for fun walking.

You live further north than I, Skeeter, so I think you have had your share of blizzards and cold, cold weather.

Regards,
Pat
kimks mom

Postby BeeNumber12 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:18 pm

Just popping in to wish my UK friends well. Jude sounds like it could be a bad storm. :chores-mop:
Regards,
Dorothy
Please independently check any information or advice, by reading from or questioning reputable sources, before acting on it.
BeeNumber12

Postby anotherwithpa » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:53 am

Fortunately more a storm in a teacup here :D
anotherwithpa

Postby Vix » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks Dorothy. Yes I didn't notice anything at all either and I was wide awake at the time it hit, however it seems there are quite a few trees down and a lot of roads blocked in our town including the road next to ours which is blocked due to a fallen tree. I think my house is luckily very sheltered, until I found out I just thought it must have missed us completely! It wasn't as bad as they were trying to make out though. Vx
Vix

Postby lozza » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:16 pm

East Anglia hit quite bad- no trains in to London , people told to stay at home and trees on road. Mum's cats are safely indoors !

regards

Lozza :sunny:
lozza

Postby JDee » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:21 pm

The South coast of the UK was hit quite badly and my cousin in Germany had a tree fall just a few feet away from his caravan. We were lucky here on this coast but another 'storm' supposedly on the way.

Jac x
JDee

Previous

Return to The Social Corner