event to raise funds for the society

For those light hearted moments, in here please!

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

event to raise funds for the society

Postby debbydave » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Hello,

Due to my partner Dave, being diagnosed with PA in December and due to the way we were dealt with at the hospital, I really want to help raise funds for the society, so I am running a charity event in NW London in April.(not sure if I can put the details here)

I have arranged an afternoon tea with a twist, I have arranged for various tutors to run taster sessions, in cupcake decorating, beaded jewellery making, handmade cards, and I am still waiting to hear back from the other tutors, I will also be running some children's sessions.

I will be taking bookings for the sessions before the event as I think some of them will be really popular, there will also be some places available on the day.

There will also be various stalls, including toiletries from Bamfords, (which are exclusive to three hotels in central London), guess the name of the bear, guess the weight of the cake, jewellery to sell, handmade cards to sell and hopefully many more. There will also be a children's raffle, an afternoon tea themed quiz.

I will also have a raffle, with prizes to include a champayne afternoon tea for two at a five start hotel, experience days, wines, and lots of other prizes.

If anyone would like further information, please feel free to contact me, or if I can add more details here i will do.

Many thanks

Debby and Dave
debbydave

Postby Jody » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Debby & Dave - First, welcome to the forum! What a wonderful idea for a fundraiser! Hope it is super-successful!
Jody
Jody

Postby anotherwithpa » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi Debbie and Dave,

Thank you for organising such a big charity event for PAS!
Unfortunatly I'm away April, would have come otherwise..

Kind regards,
Marre.
anotherwithpa

Postby JDee » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Debby and Dave - well done. 8) Hope you get a good turnout.

Jac
Both of my parents were diagnosed with PA. Mum is on 2 monthly injections and relatively OK. Dad progressed to dementia and sadly died 14/2/13. Despite my own levels being 'normal' I have some symptoms. Jac.
JDee

Postby kimks mom » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi Debby,

Post the details of it here with the location. Then please send Martyn an email at chairatpernicious-anaemia-society.org...replace the at with @. Let him know what you are going to do and ask him to post it on the homepage.

Martyn has PAS signs that he may be able to send to you. On behalf of the society, I thank you very much. We can use all the help we can get. If you don't belong to the Facebook PAS page then please join or if you don't want to join, I will copy the details and post.

Regards,
Pat
I am a support person for my daughter who was diagnosed with PA and Folate Anaemia in 1994, at the age of 27. Another daughter diagnosed with Hashimotos 2010 but she doesn't have PA.
kimks mom

Postby lynette » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:28 pm

lynette

Postby Zoe » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Zoe

Postby debbydave » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:44 pm

debbydave

Return to The Social Corner