My cat's anaemia

For those light hearted moments, in here please!

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

Re: My cat's anaemia

Postby kimks mom » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Will do, Andrea.

~Pat
I am a support person for my daughter who was diagnosed with PA and Folate Anaemia in 1994, at the age of 27. Another daughter diagnosed with Hashimotos 2010 but she doesn't have PA.
kimks mom

Postby Luna1 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Interesting, although as usual, I am late in on the discussion :roll:

My Vet, over the years had turned into a very trusted friend. He was the one who showed me how to self inject and is very scathing of UK Dr's, despite the fact that his son trained and practised as one before he had a career change and eventfully became a Vet. Basically, if it wasn't for my Vet My life and those of my animals would be severely compromised.

He recognises B12 deficiency and routinely gives injections 'just in case' - where would you find a GP that would 'routinely' do this? Recently one of my many cherished Degu's was low and not eating with various symptoms and he immediately injected her with B12. It literally perked her up as did the next 12 that she had, administered by me of course, they literally saved her life. Not nice injecting such a tiny, precious baby but I have also had to inject steroid, sub cut, to one of them after a life saving op so have experience. My Vet just said to me, do the same as you would to yourself but inject it quicker.

The times I have wished he were my GP! But in saying that, I always ask him now if I am unsure of anything. Only downside is that he is in high demand and being an exotics Vet with such experience, he services all Zoo's across Scotland and is nationally renowned for his expertise.

When I come back, I will come back as an animal, preferably having an owner like me!
Luna1

Postby reddwarf » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 am

This is very interesting. My dog has small intestine bacterial overgrowth, I worry about B12 but will be straight on it if I feel its needed.

Is the problem with out doctors that if we die after they administer something (even a harmless vitamin) it's on their record, if we die from lack of treatment they can't be blamed as they did nothing???
Reddwarf
reddwarf

Postby ollie7horse » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Its all down to the £££££££££££££

Have you seen how much vets charge, their bills are through the roof the more treatment the more money !! My dog was at deaths door there was no way she was pulling through, but they insisted and my bill, although she died went up by a couple of hundred within the last few hours of her life.

Linda
ollie7horse

Postby BeeNumber12 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:28 pm

Regards,
Dorothy
Please independently check any information or advice, by reading from or questioning reputable sources, before acting on it.
BeeNumber12

Previous

Return to The Social Corner