Here we go again

For those light hearted moments, in here please!

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

Re: Here we go again

Postby grumpygit » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi Mumsla,

your GP sounds to be 'normal'. There seems to be very few who have any knowledge of B12. The first point I would make is that the blood test scale range is inaccurate for people who are getting injections. They are much too low. It has taken me years to get a GP who understands the needs of patients with this deficiency. They don't even seem to realise that more frequent injections are much cheaper to use than calling in an expert to check your lungs and all the other things that will be thrown at you. All it takes is for your GP to check your Serum B12 against a scale of 1500 as the minimum, then allowing injections often enough to keep it up there and you telling her you feel that you feel much better at that level. I am now on Fortnightly injections and my last blood test showed my level to be off the top of the usual scale they use. Even so, whilst generally I feel much better, I am still falling asleep at the drop of a hat after10 days. I'm looking forward to tomorrow---jab day

grumpygit
PA? seems just a minor problem. Just don't let it get you down.
grumpygit

Re: Here we go again

Postby kimks mom » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:28 am

I am a support person for my daughter who was diagnosed with PA and Folate Anaemia in 1994, at the age of 27. Another daughter diagnosed with Hashimotos 2010 but she doesn't have PA.
kimks mom

Previous

Return to The Social Corner