Here we go again

For those light hearted moments, in here please!

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

Re: Here we go yet again

Postby grumpygit » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:43 am

Mornin, Thanks for your post Pat. You have spelled out clearly just what my attitude has been on this subject. PERSISTENCE Unforunately, this is just what put me on the wrong side of GPs. As I had the condition at a serious level and had therefore searched and studied the subject for hours on end, I was well aware of just what the appropriate treatment was. Whichever GP I was dealing with then, immediately decided I was a gobby upstart who should be totally ignored. They could not be told what to do! They were the Doctor! It is now 24yrs 18 days since I had the operation and I have been mistreated throughout this time by every GP I have met. Perhaps it's a freak of nature that I am still alive.

Cheers to all,
Roy
PA? seems just a minor problem. Just don't let it get you down.
grumpygit

Re: Here we go again

Postby coryad » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:16 am

Wonderful news Roy!! :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance:
coryad

Postby grumpygit » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:10 am

Thanks Cory, That is just how I feel, but my wife has suffered each and every day too, by having to put up with my unintentional nasty attitude. Even if I joke, it comes across as sarcasm. She has struggled to come to terms with the results of so many rejections by the medics that in this case she keeps thinking it may still be turned around. I cannot convince her that it is the GPs decision and should stand.
Happygit :D :D
grumpygit

Postby coryad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:00 am

coryad

Postby grumpygit » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:24 am

Hi Cory, Perhaps the biggest problem with family is that you don't recognise yourself, just how nasty you are or how you treat them. Even when you think you are being cheerful the words just don't ring true to them.
Roll on next Thursday. My next jab day.
Cheers,
Roy
grumpygit

Postby coryad » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:40 am

Very good points Roy. Luckily they all still like me :D
coryad

Postby grumpygit » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:26 am

Mawnin all, WOW It is now Monday 16th Sept. Last Thursday I had the first jab of my new two weekly regime. This morning I was up and about at 0800. Previously I would lie in bed hearing herself moving around, but unable to get up. I simply couldn't wake up. This situation would persist for a couple of hours before I could force myself out of bed, despite having had ten or eleven hours sleep. Today I feel free. Will this keep up I wonder? We shall see. :dance: :clap: Cheerfullgit
grumpygit

Postby grumpygit » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Hi Andrea, Perhaps I should go back to fewer injections. If I use the new moniker I won't get any emails.

Roy
grumpygit

Postby JDee » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi Roy.

Made up for you. I hope you continue to see increased improvements.

Best wishes
Jac :sunny:
Both of my parents were diagnosed with PA. Mum is on 2 monthly injections and relatively OK. Dad progressed to dementia and sadly died 14/2/13. Despite my own levels being 'normal' I have some symptoms. Jac.
JDee

Postby grumpygit » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks Jac, much appreciated. I'll see what happens tomorrow morning before I rejoice too much, but it does seem promising.
Roy
grumpygit

Postby Vix » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:03 am

So pleased for you, the results from B12 do seem miraculous when they kick in don't they?
Vx
Vix

Postby anotherwithpa » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Stay Cheerfullgit, do not attempt to reduce, just keep on doing what makes you feel right. Marre.
anotherwithpa

Postby mumsla » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:03 pm

Hello to all, im pretty new to all this, just been to the Doctor after nine months. Had the intial injections, then three monthly, felt good for a few weeks after injection, then not only had the old symptoms return but its getting worse.
I went to my GP today, thank God i had read up on last night (sleepless) on peoples views and more importantly on what i would be facing at the GPs office. It was text book i suppose, i told her that my symptoms were worse than this time last year, i said it all, and frankly, im too tired to go into all that she said right now, safe to say she knew little about penicious aneamia, told me as i have shortness of breath i can have a chest exray, and there is no need for more frequent B12 as i have over the limit in my blood (had a blood test last month). I have memory problems now increased from a year ago, and the nerves in my legs always let me know they are there, etc, its all got worse. She also did say under her breath that this is where some end up getting B12 more and more frequently for no good reason as its of no use .
She asked if i still smoked, i said yes, but said ive pretty well given up on drinking alcohol cos , i can feel that is not good, it reacts badly!
When i talked about the problems with the nerves in my legs she said basically, ' well these things arent anything to do with the B12, who knows what damage is done by drinking!!' She said i could have an appointment with a neurologist, I said , I will do whatever it takes . I have an appointment with to have a blood test, and one coming to check my lungs, even though they were checked 3 years ago.
mumsla

Postby mumsla » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:06 pm

Im confused and well, could do with someone that know talking to me.
mumsla

Postby mumsla » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:16 pm

I have bought b12 patches, today, i feel desperate, and I know that others are in a worse position
mumsla

PreviousNext

Return to The Social Corner