Another crazy idea

For those light hearted moments, in here please!

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

Another crazy idea

Postby Galixie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 pm

I was looking at the change.org website yesterday at the page describing how to start an online petition. My mind wandered (as it often does) and I found myself thinking of something from one of the Harry Potter books. I think it was the fourth book where Hermione decides to take a stand for house-elf rights and creates the "Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare" or SPEW. Which is an awful acronym but it would certainly get people's attention. So now I'm trying to think of a phrase about B12 deficiency that would make a similarly distinct impression. But I'm drawing a blank.

Or maybe a BLAND (B12 Lovers Against Negligent Deaths).

I was kind of thinking that if we came up with something with punch we could put it on bracelets or t-shirts or something. I think this falls in line with the breast cancer "I <3 Boobies" campaign because it's a bit of a silly slogan but it catches people's attention. I think people wear those bracelets more because they are funny than to actually promote breast cancer awareness but it still gets the message across. We need something with a wide appeal like that. Any ideas?
Galixie

Re: Another crazy idea

Postby kimks mom » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:22 am

That is the problem, Galixie. B12 is not sexy although I guess you could up with some slogan to make it that way..it is very much associated with energy but that sends out the wrong message as in "energy drinks" and celebrity status.

Can anyone think of a sexy slogan..not raunchy, please, but cute and sexy. B12D's are the ?????
I am a support person for my daughter who was diagnosed with PA and Folate Anaemia in 1994, at the age of 27. Another daughter diagnosed with Hashimotos 2010 but she doesn't have PA.
kimks mom

Postby Galixie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:00 pm

One of my friends came up with Pernicious Anemia Needs Intense Care (PANIC) :lol:
Galixie

Postby lozza » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi Galaxie,

The only thing i could come up with is feelingtired.org ( i am no good at acronym ) but have a long train journey tomorrow so will try and come up with a few- the challenge is on!

cheers

Lozza :sunny:
lozza

Postby kimks mom » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:00 am

That's a good one, Andrea. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl:

~Pat
I am a support person for my daughter who was diagnosed with PA and Folate Anaemia in 1994, at the age of 27. Another daughter diagnosed with Hashimotos 2010 but she doesn't have PA.
kimks mom

Postby JDee » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Andrea - has the wind been that strong there?

Usual bum :orcs-buttshake:

Today's bum :obscene-buttred:

Jac
Both of my parents were diagnosed with PA. Mum is on 2 monthly injections and relatively OK. Dad progressed to dementia and sadly died 14/2/13. Despite my own levels being 'normal' I have some symptoms. Jac.
JDee

Postby Galixie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:38 pm

How 'bout
B12
Awareness
To
Treat
Yetis

You never know, Bigfoot might have a deficiency. :lol:
Galixie

Postby MyJourney » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi
So many people on PAS suffer due to lack of knowledge from GP regarding b12/folate/iron. I know when I confront my doctor I really do struggle to remeber anything ive learned the night before. Not saying everyone like me,but it does make it harder when you also have a confidence problem.
Wouldnt it be great for everyone of our doctors to come onto pas so we as individuals can ask what we need to ask then wait for response on plus side having experienced members help out with doctors response their and then...
oh well just a thought mj
MyJourney

Return to The Social Corner