Days in the hot sun wear me out.

A forum for your polls only

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

Does being in direct sunshine make you tired?

I have no problem being in the sun all day
19%
I need sun screen but can stay in the sun
9%
I can only stay in the sun for about an hour
28%
I few minutes in the sun makes me tired
26%
I break out in a rash if I'm in the sun at all
16%
Even on Cloudy days I get tired and have a reaction
2%

Total votes : 43

Days in the hot sun wear me out.

Postby pvanderaa » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:12 pm

I just noticed that Jane77 made this comment in another thread "days in the hot sun still wear me out".

I noticed that I am allergic to sunlight and get red patches (eczema) a few hours after I'm in the sun even for a few minutes. There is already a thread about B12 and UV light. I'm currently on Day 9 after my hydroxo jab.

That aside, I also get very tired after being out in the sun. Today was an example. Nice gorgeous day - I was out for about two hours in a big panama hat and fully covered arms so I didn't get really any direct exposure to the sun.

I didn't really do a lot while I was out but when I got home I was exhausted.

Anybody else have tiredness after being out in the sun?

Thanks,
Paul
Last edited by pvanderaa on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, Paul - Riding the B12D roller coaster while challenged by dysgraphia (I correctly spell the wrong word when my B12 is low).
pvanderaa

Postby pvanderaa » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Thanks, Paul - Riding the B12D roller coaster while challenged by dysgraphia (I correctly spell the wrong word when my B12 is low).
pvanderaa

Postby Gidget » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:35 am

Gidget

Postby pvanderaa » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:54 am

pvanderaa

Re: Days in the hot sun wear me out.

Postby deeedney » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:30 pm

I had a bad reaction to the initial loading doses of Hydroxy 2 years ago when I went out in the garden even though it was only mildly sunny, (no sun screen as weak April sun). The exposed areas such as my head/scalp, neckline and lower arms were covered in a rash folowed by very painful spots. Some of this may have been an initial detox effect but was def aggravated by the sun, as I found susequent 3 monthly injections resulted in a rash after exposure to the sun even afer a very short time. - I drove a short distance with one arm out of the car window and got a rash on that arm very quickly...

I have recently been on holiday for a week where it was 30-32 degees C daily. I was injecting Methyl twice a day, using factor 30 to start then reduced to 15 and was fine even after several hours. No rashes/reddening etc. I usually find that a spell in the sun makes me feel good and I need the vit D for my dodgy old bones!

If we ever get any sun this 'summer' in the UK I will try out a spell in the garden both with and without sunscreen (for a short while) to see if that is the 'X factor'!!!

Dee xx :sunny:
deeedney

Postby Maudy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Me and thee are quite similar then, Dee.

I used to get a heat rash type thing if I sat in the sun in the UK. Mind you, this was well before I was diagnosed. But overseas now, I get no problems. Not with heat rash. Although I can't read outdoors in the sunlight.
Maudy

Postby Missy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 pm

No problems with the sun for me, although I have had prickly heat when abroad, but that doesn't happen very often - going abroad that is... :lol:
Missy

Postby deeedney » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Well, I spent a few hours yesterday and quite a bit of today, (day off work!), in the garden in glorious sunshine with no sunscreen (mainly coz I left it in my suitcase which got put in the attic after my hol last month :doh: ), and was absolutely fine. No rash and to me the sun feels like it is doing me good although I don't like it too hot and spent some of the time in dappled shade - time out to read a book in peace (not inc the neighbour cutting grass on one side and dogs barking on the other...no rest for the wicked so I guess I was very bad in a previous life !!! :evil: ) and I was actually able to more or less concentrate on the plot too! That said, I haven't had an injection for about a week as I am trying to see how my new thyroid meds together with 2 weekly injections from the GP work without supplements....

If it sunny after my next jab on Monday, I will expose myself again to see if it brings me out in a rash!! :shock:

Night folks

Dee xx
deeedney

Postby JDee » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Both of my parents were diagnosed with PA. Mum is on 2 monthly injections and relatively OK. Dad progressed to dementia and sadly died 14/2/13. Despite my own levels being 'normal' I have some symptoms. Jac.
JDee

Postby deeedney » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:50 pm

What are you lot like?!

Actually, my elderly neighbour did cut the hedge the other day...he might wish he hadn't soon!!!

:shock: :oh: :lol:

Dee xx
deeedney

Postby JDee » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Both of my parents were diagnosed with PA. Mum is on 2 monthly injections and relatively OK. Dad progressed to dementia and sadly died 14/2/13. Despite my own levels being 'normal' I have some symptoms. Jac.
JDee

Postby Q » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Haha Mandy, I thought I was the only vampire around here ;)

Susan
Q

Return to Polls