Operation - Hospital or Dentist

A forum for your polls only

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

General Anaesthetics/Gas and Air

I have never had a general anaesthetic
13%
I had a general anaesthetic less than 2 years prior to the onset of B12 symptoms
13%
I had a general anaesthetic less than 6 months prior to the onset of B12 symptoms
25%
I had a general anaesthetic more than 2 years prior to the onset of B12 symptoms
25%
I had gas and air during labour
25%

Total votes : 16

Re: Operation - Hospital or Dentist

Postby Kitty » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:20 am

Oh major hiccups in your life start to make sense when you look back with the knowledge gained through this site, don't they?

:arrow: GA for removal of tonsils and adeniods at age 7. Started falling behind at school and was very very slow in learning to read, the extent of which was only discovered at age 10;
:arrow: GA for impacted wisdom teeth at aged 18 (Easter time), immediate significant effect on my ability to study for my A levels in which I got low grades despite predicted to excel;
:arrow: Laproscopy under GA followed by appalling loss of confidence with regards to career direction and first onset of depressive symptoms, age 34;
:arrow: Hysterectomy at age 40 years using N2O for 1 hour 45 mins with no B12 pre-screening tests. (I have copies of my full hospital file including the anaestheic chart). On returning to work 3 months later colleagues noticed a massive change in personality, got irritable, felt isolated, lost confidence in myself and my work, anxiety attacks, would burst into tears for no appartent reason which I found incredibly frustrating and looking back they say I returned to work as a different person. Ended uphaving to go through loads of blood tests including seeing is I was in the menopause (which I was not) but no cause identified and so put on a series of anti anxiety medications to which I had an extreme reaction total loss of balance and coordination like walking on a rolling ship, giddy feeling, and exhaustion!!). Finally after suffering for 2 years with increasing symptoms, and B12 flling like a rock I ended up collapsing with significant neurological symptoms and chronic fatigue in mid September and find myself here!

[As an aside, and again In retrospect, I have also found links in my own personal medical journey to being given the flu jab, having travel vaccinations, having amalgam fillings and even metal braces on my teeth but that is likely to revolve around the suspected heavy metal toxicity for which I am currently being investigated - but posts on that are on My Story - Kitty's Story, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12597, and the Heavy Metal Sensitivity section of Other Conditions posts, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12314.]

Best wishes
K :animals-cat:
x
2011 Aug B12=247/CFS/swollen hands & feet +neuropathy; Sep DX thoracic scoliosis; Oct DX allergic to inorganic mercury (my fillings!); Nov DX full system crash due to metal allergies + hypoglycaemia + clinical hypothyroidism => B12 deficiency!
Kitty

Previous

Return to Polls