B12 Deficiency and Pleurisy

Often people with PA have other medical conditions. Feel free to discuss these in here.

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

B12 Deficiency and Pleurisy

Postby MandyW » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 am

I was diagnosed with B12 deficiency in May 2011 (just over a month to my one year anniversary) and although my previous medical condition included asthma this very rarely caused me any problems, usually when I had a chest infection or cold.

In October 2011, I was “struck down” with a very severe chest infection and pleurisy, which I did not think much about as most of my work colleagues had been coming into work with coughs and colds and I usually managed to catch something.

Whilst this episode was quite severe, for me anyway, I did not think much about it and certainly did not think it might in some way be linked to my anaemia. I recently had a week’s annual leave and although was suffering from a slight heavy chest and bad back did not connect this in any way to my asthma. When I returned from holiday these symptoms had increased to the extent, I was not able to walk, even a short distance, without excruciating pain in my chest and the inability to breathe. I had to see my GP who diagnosed me with pleurisy (again).

I am wondering, as this is the second time in less than 6 months that I have had pleurisy whether it is connected in some way to my B12 deficiency. As I said before my diagnosis, I had a mild form of asthmas, which only failed up occasionally.

Any information members can provide would be most welcome.

Thanks.
MandyW

Return to Other Conditions